GovTech: Investors Look Ahead Panel with Serent from the State of GovTech Event
June 18, 2021
- What’s the difference between Seed, VC, and Private Equity?
- What should I expect if a GovTech software I use receives funding?
- How do different types of capital investments affect the buying decision of government employees?
- What are the implications if your GovTech vendor is acquired?
- What makes the government sector attractive to investors?
- What are the key trends in GovTech?
- What are the key macro drivers for GovTech companies in 2022?
- How should fast-growing companies balance innovation with regulation?
- What are the metrics investors look for when evaluating GovTech companies?
- How do investors view GovTech companies that sell into multiple sectors?
- Do investors see a future of international expansion for US-based GovTech companies?
- Moderator: Steve Ressler, Entrepreneur & Investor
- Pallavi Thatai, Vice President, Serent Capital
- Jeff Cook, Managing Director, Shea & Co
- Frederik Groce, Partner, Storm Ventures
- Julie Lein, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Urban Innovation Fund
Serent Capital invests in growing businesses that have developed compelling solutions that address their customers' needs. As those businesses grow and evolve, the opportunities and challenges that they face change with them. Principals at Serent Capital have firsthand experience at capturing those opportunities and navigating these difficulties through their experiences as CEOs, strategic advisors, and board members to successful growing businesses. By bringing its expertise and capital to bear, Serent seeks to help growing businesses thrive. Learn more about our portfolio companies.
This publication is for informational purposes only, and nothing contained herein constitutes an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any interest in any investment vehicle managed by Serent Capital or any company in which Serent Capital or its affiliates have invested. An offer or solicitation will be made only through a final private placement memorandum, subscription agreement and other related documents with respect to a particular investment opportunity and will be subject to the terms and conditions contained in such documents, including the qualifications necessary to become an investor. Serent Capital does not utilize its website to provide investment or other advice, and nothing contained herein constitutes a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. Information provided reflects Serent Capital’s views as of a particular time and are subject to change without notice. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
Executive endorsements of Serent Capital are for illustrative purposes, designed to attract business development contacts, and should not be construed as a client or investor testimonial of Serent Capital's investment advisory services. All such endorsements are from current or former portfolio company leadership about Serent Capital’s ability to provide services to their companies. Certain executives are also investors in Serent Capital’s investment vehicle(s), and as such, there is an inherent conflict in that those executives have an incentive to provide favorable reviews of Serent Capital’s business practices for the benefit of the investment vehicles that they hold a personal ownership interest in. Serent Capital has not, directly or indirectly, paid any compensation to such individuals for their endorsements.
Certain information on this Website may contain forward-looking statements, which are subject to risks and uncertainties and speak only as of the date on which they are made. The words “believe”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “optimistic”, “intend”, “aim”, “will” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Serent Capital undertakes no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise. Past performance is not indicative of future results; no representation is being made that any investment or transaction will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those achieved in the past, or that significant losses will be avoided.